Full-Time • Temiskaming Shores Region
Grant Ag. is searching for a highly motivated and disciplined Grain Buyer/Trader that will assist our Company with maintaining and building relationships within the Agriculture industry . We are seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to be an integral part of our team. If you have excellent knowledge of the grain industry and successful experience trading these products, we want to hear from you!
What you will do:
· Develop and strengthen long-term customer relationships.
· Develop and grow key vendor and industry relationships, and new product sources, to ensure supply ??of quality product.
· Maintain and expand existing client base and research new potential markets.
· Coordinate with producers and cleaning plants to purchase crops for export.
· Purchase correct grades of grains for domestic contracts and exports.
· Ensure delivery of products on time, to the stipulated destination.
· Trade on own account, domestic or international, as opportunities arise.
· Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and Logistics departments.
· Maintain accurate data on sales, import and export
What you will need:
· 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience in trading grain or related products.
· Minimum education College Diploma in Business, Agriculture Business or Commerce
· Ability to build strong Grower & Grain Elevator relations.
· An understanding of rules and regulations for purchasing and exporting of crops.
· Clear knowledge and understanding of inspection processes for products.
· Relevant business contacts with the ability to build a strong and profitable book of business quickly.
· Strong phone sales skills with an assertive approach
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels.
· A good understanding of logistics for moving products.
· Strong business acumen, a team approach, professionalism, strong business ethics, creativity, and ??persistence.
· Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
· Ability to work in French or English would be considered an asset
· Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).